Sunday, February 7, 2010

I need to keep up.

Sorry I haven't updated...It's been a crazy 5 weeks... I've been busy raising kids. And by 'kids' I mean 'kittens. Here's what my babies looked like at 2 days old, when I got them.

Teeny tiny.


I started with five precious teeny babies, and now have three... Wyatt was super sick, and went downhill from the moment he opened his eyes at about 2 weeks. Winter passed away unexpectedly when she had just turned 3 weeks old. She was a sweetheard, and purred with all her mind when I picked her up. They all really know me as 'mom'...funny how that happens when their real mom dies and you have to bottlefeed them.


Wesley, Wolfe and Lil Wayne are still here. But Wayne continues to struggle. He doesn't want to eat on his own. If it weren't for me tubefeeding him, he wouldn't have made it this long. He does eat canned food sometimes. I was terribly afraid he would never eat it, and that he would eat ANYTHING on his own, but I think its just the milk he's not wanting... But he doesn't eat enough of the canned for me to stop with the milk, so we continue... He's such a fighter. He pitches such a fit when I slide that syringe down his throat. I really need to trim those nails...

Wesley (Wes) is a little puffball sugar glider. He has the BIGGEST eyes. His face is starting to get longer. I'm wondering when they'll start looking like cats. Wesley's always looked odd and so has Waybe. We actually call Wayne "Monkey" because that's what he looks like. That or a mouse. Wolfey's fairly normal looking. He definitely responds to "Woof-Woof!"



Here's some pics from when Beth came over about a week ago (making them almost 4 weeks old) with her camera:

Wesley. Mister Sugarglider :)
Wes can be a little creepy at times.

OMG.

I love this.

Crazy Monkey :)
The boys.

"Screw ya'll, I'm goin back to bed."

Sweet boy and his bottle :)
Wolfey. Such a little princess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment