Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We're taking our time with this

So I cleaned out cat cages today at Petco, and in between cages, I got Monday, one of the coolest cats ever, out to hold him and pet him. He normally enjoys this. He's a very loving, friendly cat. Well this time, some little kid was playing with a dog toy that had a squeaker in it. Apparently Monday doesn't like squeakers...cuz he kept twitching, and before I could register that something was wrong and I should put him up, he FREAKED OUT and started clawing me and bit down on my pinky pretty hard when I tried to grab him by the scruff of his neck. I had to just drop him. Normally I hang on to cats when they do that, but he was beyond controlling at that moment. He just walked about 6 feet away and sat there, still twitching, so mom easily caught him and put him back in his cubicle, where he was totally fine. But I was standing there, bleeding, with several deep scratches and bite marks, trying to hold back tears (and not suceeding). It always freaks me out when I get bitten. At the time, the adrenaline keeps me from freaking out, but afterwards, I cry and realize how bad it was. That's how I am with anything...My reactions are always delayed.
But yeah. Now my arm is covered in band-aids and my pinky is completely wrapped up. It hurts to use, so I bandaged it to the point of immobility. Then, since the bandage (more like cast...I wrapped it in a lot of tape) comes off easily, I'm wearing a wrist warmer over it to keep it on. It's a very hardcore look.
"Stellabear" is recovering quite well from her surgery, and jumps up on the couch whenever she darn well pleases now. I try to be around so I can help her, cuz she doesn't need to be jumping and possibly ripping her incision open, but there have been at least 2 times where she's done it anyway. She's also eating again, which is AWESOME. I grated a chunk of the Natural Balance Lamb roll and mixed it with some canned lamb and rice food, then mixed in her glucosamine. I originally wasn't gonna mess with the NB, but she wasn't touching the food otherwise. And I didn't want the glucosamine to go to waste, so I mixed the NB in. It smells so good...I'd eat it. It smells like beef jerky. Not even kidding. Of course, once I mixed that in her food, she devoured it. So I guess I've found myself with a picky eater. Sad. I love her anyways though :)
I'm pretty tired...but I'm gonna go finish up this algebra lesson before I crash. Wouldn't want to get in trouble in the morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment